Health care and long term care services can be very expensive. Many people need help paying for these services. Planning ahead for this gives you the chance to make good decisions about what you want and how you will pay for it.
This chapter will talk about:
- Common questions that arise when you are getting help from MaineCare;
- Getting help paying for your long term care;
- What to do if you have been denied MaineCare or are experiencing a reduction in services;
- Your long term care options in Maine;
- Your rights as a resident and where to go for help if you have a complaint about your long term care; and,
- What to do if your nursing home is trying to make you leave the facility.