First, contact your doctor.

Explain to your doctor that your Medicare Part D plan determined that your drug was not medically necessary.

If your doctor believes that your Medicare Part D plan's decision is incorrect, you can request an Appeal.

NOTE: You have the RIGHT to request an Appeal.

For questions or advice, 
contact the Medicare Part D Unit
at Legal Services for Maine Elders at

Your Medicare Part D plan's written Coverage Determination will explain how to request an Appeal.

We have more information about the Appeal process.