There are many organizations that may be able to help you. Some of them are listed below.
For helpful, in depth information on many frequently asked legal questions, visit our Elder Rights Handbook in the Elder Rights section of this website.
- Consumers For Affordable Healthcare
- Disability Rights Maine
- Immigrant Legal Advocacy Project
- American Civil Liberties Union of Maine
- Maine Equal Justice
- Maine Lawyer Referral Service
- Pine Tree Legal Assistance
- Volunteer Lawyers Project
- Maine HelpMeLaw
- Office of Aging and Disability Services
- Alzheimer's Association, Maine Chapter
- Maine Long Term Care Ombudsman Program
- Area Agencies on Aging:
- Center for Social Gerontology
- Eldercare Locator
For a complete list of links to agencies that provide free legal services to people with low incomes, including seniors, go to the Pine Tree Legal Assistance website.
- Administration for Community Living
- Family Caregiver Alliance
- National Alliance for Caregiving
- Caregiver Action Network
- Caregiving in Maine